Marching to a Brand New Beat
Since its inception in 1993, Each One Save One (EOSO) has been a leader in mentoring in the New Orleans area. For almost twenty-five years they have been recruiting, screening, training, and matching thousands of children with caring adults who guide and encourage them to reach their fullest potential. EOSO has also provided mentor enrichment sessions, training and technical support to other organizations and churches. This has added much needed capacity to serve children safely and allows organization to implement mentoring programs according to best practices.
In addition to school-based mentoring, the future involves innovation in mentoring assisted by cutting-edge digital technologies that will sustain long-term mentoring relationships on a broader scale.
Count Me In: Ways to Volunteer
- Become a mentor. Mentors commit to visiting with mentees for at least one hour each week for one school year.
- Get your organization to become a partner. From advertising in our commercials, to sponsorships, to adopting a school with multiple mentors, partner organizations can contribute in myriad ways.
- Business are invited to showcase their products and services while promoting mentoring on WWL TV’s Louisianan Made/Louisiana Proud-type commercials and on WWL TV’s social media platform.
- Sponsorships include training, executives on loan, e-mentoring app or specific events like our upcoming 25th Anniversary Fundraising Gala
- Adopting a school involves having multiple employees from your organization mentor at the same school.
- Volunteer for an ongoing project or committee
- Purchase a print, “I Cry for My City,” by Michele Lambert
- Request a Volunteer Card be sent to you by mail or email.